Family violence and sexual violence service provider updates - MSD, Oct and Nov 2019
Wed 27 Nov 2019
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) email updates for family violence and sexual violence service providers covers a number of areas of ...
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) email updates for family violence and sexual violence service providers covers a number of areas of work. You can view the updates online and subscribe to receive them to your inbox.
The November 2019 update includes information on the following areas of work:
- Whānau Resilience update and feedback on the process
- MSD has commissioned Backbone Collective to conduct survey of women who have experienced family violence (still accepting responses)
- Talking about family violence - new videos from the Ministry of Justice
- Update on work to develop national Court Support Service
- Update on elder abuse services work
The October 2019 update included information on the following areas of work:
- Progess on Kaupapa Māori services development
- Upcoming engagement on court support service
- Strengthening of elder abuse helpline
- Safe to talk - finalist in Spirit of Service awards
- Update on evaluation of sexual violence services
Read all past updates and sign up to receive future updates on the MSD website.
The Ministry of Justice is asking the public to give quick brief feedback about their opinions on the criminal justice system and how it could be improved. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to complete the online survey with several multiple-choice questions. This builds on the justice reform work, Hāpaitia te Oranga Tangata – Safe and Effective Justice.
The Government has introduced the Sexual Violence Legislation Bill to improve the process and experiences for victims of sexual violence in the courts and justice system.
The Ministry of Justice published a new report that looks at the experience of sexual violence victims, and the criminal justice outcomes when sexual violence is reported to Police.