Family violence and sexual violence service provider update - MSD, Dec 2019
Tue 14 Jan 2020
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) December 2019 email update for family violence and sexual violence service providers covered a number of areas of work, including two new reports.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) email updates for family violence and sexual violence service providers covered a number of areas of work. You can view the updates online and subscribe to receive them to your inbox.
The December 2019 update includes information on the following areas of work:
- Sexual violence sector engagement report published (see the full Engagement Report: Sexual Harm Crisis Support Services)
- Procurement approach for sexual harm response services
- Kaupapa Māori sexual violence services development engagement underway
- Work continues to shape court support national service
- Evidence review highlights impact of sexual abuse on male survivors (see the full report What is known about effective recovery services for male survivors of sexual abuse?)
- Whānau Resilience Pouwhakataki on board
- Work continues on developing elder abuse response services (EARS) prototype for reporting
Read all past updates and sign up to receive future updates on the MSD website.
Also see the Ministry of Justice Joint Venture Work Programme update for December 2019.
The Government is inviting submissions on the Sexual Violence Legislation Bill and the Crimes (Definition of Female Genital Mutilation) Amendment Bill.