ACC calls for Kaupapa Māori providers for design panels
Mon 12 Sep 2022
ACC (Accident Compensation Corporation) has issued a Registration of Interest (ROI) on the Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS).
The ROI 26223851 from ACC is inviting registration of interest from Kaupapa Māori providers including people who have expertise in sexual violence. This includes providers, researchers, subject matter experts or programme designers.
The closing date to register interest is 23 September 2022. Questions about the ROI are due by 14 September 2022 through GETS.
According to the ROI, ACC is:
"...looking for partners in Te Tai Tokerau and Tāmaki Makaurau rohe to design kaupapa Māori solutions to be delivered by Māori, with a focus on:
- services to support kiritaki and whānau with complex injuries and a high level of need (including, but not limited to, sexual violence and serious injuries); and
- injury prevention initiatives for whānau to know about mana-enhancing and tapu-enriched relationships with themselves, others and te taiao to eliminate sexual violence. These will be informed by mātauranga Māori to build the protective factors that keep whānau well.
We are looking for the following expertise to be part of the design panel:
- Whānau-led design specialists who have experience working with whānau Māori and/or facilitating whānau-led design.
- Kaupapa Māori health providers who are Māori-owned and operated.
- Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who understand strengths-based, whānau-led approaches and the complexities of serious injuries and sexual violence.
- Kaupapa Māori researchers experienced in whānau research and developmental evaluation to inform discovery and detailed design.
We will appoint two separate panels – one to design localised solutions for Te Tai Tokerau and one to design localised solutions for Tāmaki Makaurau."
For more information about the opportunity, ACC has produced a video.
For more information see the ROI 26223851, Design panels for kaupapa Māori solutions in Te Tai Tokerau and Tāmaki Makaurau rohe (Tranche 2). More detailed information is available once signed in to the GETS website as a supplier. This ROI is focused on opportunities to develop services in Te Tai Tokerau and Tāmaki Makaurau. The ACC video notes that opportunities for other rohe will follow.