The Victims Reference Group is calling for nominations from people wishing to join. Applications close 28 February 2013. Information from the Victims Reference Group:
It is important that victims’ voices are heard during the planning, implementation and development of policy and in the design and delivery of services for victims. The Victims Reference Group was formed in 2011 to provide information and advice to the Victims Centre on how to:
- better meet the needs of victims
- implement initiatives designed to support victims (such as the Victims Code)
- improve the experience of victims of crime while they are involved in the criminal justice system.
Are you interested in joining?
We want a broad range of perspectives from victims. Members of the group need to:
- have had a crime committed against them – or one of their family or whānau members. (Criminal proceedings must befinished and the appeal period closed.)
- have an understanding of the impact of victimisation
- be willing to contribute their perspectives.
We are particularly keen for Māori, youth, people with disabilities or from ethnic minorities to take part.
A daily allowance will be paid. Travel costs are covered. The group will meet in Wellington approximately six times, finishing 30 June 2014. For further information or to apply using the attached (3 page PDF) VRG Application form, please email email@example.com. Applications close 28 February 2013.
The Victims Centre website: www.victimsinfo.govt.nz.
Submitted on Thu, 2013-02-14 15:31