The Families Commission has transferred responsibility for the management and delivery of the White Ribbon campaign to an independent trust board.
The transfer from the Families Commission is being made through a conditional grant for a two-year period. The White Ribbon Trust Board will be fundraising to build revenue streams from 2015 and fully fund the campaign from 2016.
White Ribbon Trust Board members are:
- Chair: Ric Odom (White Ribbon Ambassador) CEO of the RNZSPCA
- Deputy Chair: Takurua Tawera (White Ribbon Ambassador), Chair of NNSVS
- Heather Henare (Chief Executive, Women’s Refuge)
- Mark Longley (White Ribbon Ambassador)
- David White (White Ribbon Ambassador)
- Alana Bowman (White Ribbon Committee Member)
- Patron: Judge Peter Boshier (White Ribbon Ambassador and White Ribbon Committee Chair)
The White Ribbon Committee remains as the expert advisory group, and Rob McCann continues as campaign manager. For more information see the White Ribbon newsletter - April 2014 and the White Ribbon website.
Submitted on Mon, 2014-05-12 16:10