Tō Hīkoitanga - Breaking Silent Codes (Domestic & Sexual Violence) Gathering, April 2019
Mon 25 Mar 2019
A four day wānanga, Tō Hīkoitanga - 125 Suffrage & Breaking Silent Codes (Domestic Violence & Sexual Violence) Across Aotearoa, Australia ...
A four day wānanga, Tō Hīkoitanga - 125 Suffrage & Breaking Silent Codes (Domestic Violence & Sexual Violence) Across Aotearoa, Australia & Pacific is being hosted by Te Whare Tiaki Wāhine Refuge at Horouta Marae, Porirua from 11-14 April.
I am a seed born of greatness, Descended from a line of chiefs, He Kakano Ahau
Honouring Māori, Pacific, Aboriginal and Indigenous Women
(past, present & future)
The programme includes a wide range of speakers, presentations, panels and discussions including:
- Indigenous women, young women, rangatahi
- Indigenous bodies of knowledge and insights
- International networks and speakers from across Aotearoa, Australia and the Pacific
- Non-government organisations including Māori Women's Welfare League, National Council of Women, women's refuge
- Government Ministers and agencies
Open to all.
Registration is limited to 125 participants. Registrations close 8 April 2019.
Registration is by koha/donation to Te Whare Tiaki Wāhine Refuge Trust - make a donation (include name and organisation). To register, complete this form and email to Margaret@tiaki.org.nz Phone inquiries to: (04) 237 7027