New data summaries published: 110,114 Police family violence investigations in 2015
Tue 12 Jul 2016
Family violence data summaries 2016 have been published by the New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse (NZFVC). The data summaries are a ...
- In 2015, there were 110,114 family violence investigations by NZ Police
- In 2015, NZ Police recorded 6 homicides by an intimate partner
- In 2015, NZ Police recorded 10 homicides of children and young people under 20 by a family member
- In 2015, 5,264 applications were made for protection orders:
- 4,857 (89%) were made by women and 513 (9%) by men
- 4,774 (89%) of respondents were men and 543 (10%) women.
- In 2015, there were 7,406 recorded male assaults female victimisations and 4,629 proceedings against offenders for breaching a protection order.
The data summaries should be read in conjunction with the definitions, also available on our website. Please read the special note on changes to Police data at the end of each data summary.