Family violence and sexual violence service provider update - MSD, August 2019
Thu 08 Aug 2019
The latest Ministry of Social Development (MSD) email update for family violence and sexual violence service providers covers a number of areas ...
The latest Ministry of Social Development (MSD) email update for family violence and sexual violence service providers covers a number of areas of work.
You can view the updates online and subscribe to receive them to your inbox.
The August 2019 update includes:
- Update on MSD's visits to sexual violence service providers
- Research commissioned into sexual violence and outcomes including mental health issues, substance use/abuse and suicide, and the costs associated with sexual violence
- Update on Oranga Tamariki's funding of sexual harm services for children
- Whānau Resilience presentations nearly completed; update on Pouwhakataki roles
- New project on accessing family violence helpline support, led by National Collective of Independent Women’s Refuges
- Ministry of Justice has updated Protection Order forms
- Registration open for national conference ‘Challenging Conversations and Complicated Spaces: Titiro whakamuri, kia anga whakamua – Sexual and Domestic Violence Specialist Services reflecting forward’ on 12-13 September in Wellington (see the conference website)
Read all past updates and sign up to receive future updates on the MSD website.