Consultation open on family court review
Thu 06 Sep 2018
The Independent Panel reviewing the 2014 Family Court reforms is now accepting public submissions. The deadline to submit feedback is 9 November ...
The Independent Panel reviewing the 2014 Family Court reforms is now accepting public submissions.
The deadline to submit feedback is 9 November 2018.
The Panel is seeking feedback on Rewriting the 2014 Family Justice System Reforms from anyone who has had experience with family justice services or who works in this area. The Panel has provided a consultation paper. It describes the main changes from the 2014 family justice system reforms. It also includes a large number of specific questions about what is working well and what is not. The consultation paper is available in English, Te Reo Māori and an easy to read version.
There are a number of ways you can submit feedback. You can submit feedback in more than one way.
- Complete the online submission form - an online version of the consultation paper that lets you answer questions as you go.
- Share your story through the Korero Mai (Tell Us Your Story) online tool. It does not ask specific questions.
- Send a written submission by email to FamilyJusticeReforms@justice.govt.nz or by post to Family Justice Reforms, SX10088, Wellington 6011.
- Send an audio or video recording by email to FamilyJusticeReforms@justice.govt.nz.
If you have questions about the review or consultation, email FamilyJusticeReforms@justice.govt.nz.
The Panel and an Expert Reference Group was established in August 2018. For more information about the 2014 reforms, the focus of the Panel's review and other issues that have been raised about the Family Court, see our previous news story Government announces panel to review 2014 Family Court Reforms.
- Terms of Reference for the Independent Panel
- A paper prepared by the Secretariat to the Independent Panel Examining the 2014 Family Justice Reforms: Background: The 2014 family justice system changes
- Ministry of Justice website on the Family Court Rewrite
The Panel intends to submit recommendations to the Justice Minister by May 2019.
The Ministry of Justice is still seeking feedback until 21 September 2018 on information sharing for the family violence sector.