© New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse 2011.
Material featured on this website is subject to University of Auckland copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The University of Auckland copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge for personal use without requiring specific permission. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately, referenced appropriately, and not being used in a misleading context.
Requests and enquiries concerning the reproduction of information on this website for any purpose other than personal use, or the use of scripts or codes, requires permission from the University of Auckland, Auckland UniServices Ltd.
The permission to reproduce copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
The information on this website is intended to provide general information to the public. The New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse and its partner agencies do not necessarily endorse or support the views expressed in publications to which this website refers. Visitors to this website are advised that:
- The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand or any other official guidelines or requirements.
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice. Before relying on any information in this website users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes.
- New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing is for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse has no control over availability of the linked pages.
- New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation, or people who have off-site links to the Clearinghouse's website.
- New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse is not responsible for accuracy in the publication or the currency of documents.
The NZFVC website does not store or capture personal information, but merely logs the user's IP address which is automatically recognised by the web server. Our log files do not contain any personal information or information about which other sites you have visited.
Other websites linked from this site do not necessarily follow the same policies. Further information on your rights under the Privacy Act 1993 can be found at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
IP address - Every machine connecting to the Internet has a four-number address (e.g. 220.127.116.11) which may or may not stay constant between sessions online. Many web users connect indirectly to the Internet via an intermediary (proxy) server
Log files - Every time our web site is accessed an entry is made in the web server's log file. This tells us broadly where an access is coming from, when it was made, which file was requested and whether the request was successful or not. It usually does not allow us to identify individual users. The data is used to assess usage levels and spot technical problems (such as broken pages or web server errors).
Web server - The machine which on which the NZFVC website is physically located, which delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
Security and Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
This page defines the policy governing the use of the NZFVC site by consortium staff and general internet users.
Activity on the site is recorded and monitored to facilitate site maintenance and ensure that the site remains available to all users. This includes both automated and manual audit procedures to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Any information recorded is not used to identify individual users or their usage habits unless required for duly authorised security or law enforcement activities. Raw data logs are used and retained for no other purposes.
Unauthorised attempts to upload information or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and any evidence of misuse may be presented in legal proceedings.