When and where:
- South Auckland (public drop-in sessions in Papatoetoe, Otahuhu and Manurewa): 15-16 October
- Canterbury: 29-30 October
- Northland: 5-6 November
- Bay of Plenty: 5-6 November
- Waikato: 13-14 November
- Taranaki: 15 November
- Whanganui/Manawatū/Horowhenua: 16-17 November
- Otago/Southland: 19-21 November
- Wellington: 23 November
- West Coast: 27-28 November
- Hawke’s Bay/Wairarapa: 28-29 November
- East Coast: 3-4 December
- Tasman/Marlborough: 10-11 December
- Auckland: 13-14 December
Organised by the Safe and Effective Justice Programme Advisory Group – Te Uepū Hāpai i te Ora
The Safe and Effective Justice Programme Advisory Group – Te Uepū Hāpai i te Ora – is visiting towns and cities across New Zealand to hear what people want from their criminal justice system.
They will hold a series of meetings from mid-October 2018, including public drop-in sessions.
Chair of te Uepū, Hon Chester Borrows said he is looking forward to hearing from people whose lives and work are affected by the criminal justice system, and canvassing ideas on how it can be improved.
Te Uepū would like to hear from as many people as possible, and there are several different options. People can:
- Submit their feedback and ideas online
- Attend a public drop-in session
- Make a submission or request a meeting by writing directly to them
Submitted on Tue, 2018-10-09 09:35