When: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 9am-4pm.
Where: Shine, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland, Auckland.
Training provided by Shine.
Cost: From $135 (Early bird rates before 1 February 2018). Register now
An introductory one-day training course offered by Shine.
Safety underpins an evidence-based, trauma-informed response to domestic violence victims. Spend a day with Shine to learn more! This training provides the framework and practice many tertiary educated practitioners are still wanting – a practical, thoughtful combination of ideas, discussion and hands-on practise to address a complex area of work. This training is suitable for people working in social services, health, education or any area that brings you into contact with women, men, children, or families. If you want to know how respond appropriately and safely when you suspect or find that someone is experiencing domestic violence, this training is for you.
- Prevalence and scope of domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault
- Laws that underpin the work and recent/pending changes
- Domestic violence services locally and nationally
- Adverse childhood experiences and long-term solutions
- How to address equity problems and community access
- Responding to the complexity of risk and safety
- Practicing brief intervention and effective referral
Shine trainers are experienced educators and practitioners in the field of domestic abuse, which ensures a rich learning experience for attendees.
This training will also be available on 14 June and 4 September 2018.
Submitted on Tue, 2017-12-12 14:12