Responding effectively to victims of domestic violence - One-day Introductory Training
Wednesday 2 September 2020
Shine, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland, Auckland
From $135 - Early bird rate for community group sfaff (Early bird rates close two weeks before training day)
An introductory one-day training course offered by Shine.
Please note: This is not appropriate training for a workplace response to support employees experiencing domestic violence. Follow this link for Shine workplace training
Safety underpins an evidence-based, trauma-informed response to domestic violence victims. Spend a day with Shine to learn more! This training provides the framework and practice many tertiary educated practitioners are still wanting – a practical, thoughtful combination of ideas, discussion and hands-on practice to address a complex area of work. This training is suitable for people working in social services, health, education or any area that brings you into contact with women, men, children, or families. If you want to know how respond appropriately and safely when you suspect or find that someone is experiencing domestic violence, this training is for you.
- Prevalence and scope of domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault
- Laws that underpin the work and recent/pending changes
- Domestic violence services locally and nationally
- Adverse childhood experiences and long-term solutions
- How to address equity problems and community access
- Responding to the complexity of risk and safety
- Practicing brief intervention and effective referral
Shine trainers are experienced educators and practitioners in the field of domestic abuse, which ensures a rich learning experience for attendees.