Racism, bias and well-being in social services work - SSPA webinar series
- Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Tuesday 2 March 2021
- Tuesday 9 March 2021, plus
- Tuesday 4 May 2021 (review session)
10-11am - all sessions.
SSPA with ATWC
$190 (excl GST) for SSPA members; $220 (excl GST) for non-SSPA members for participation in the full programme of three webinars plus a review session.
An opportunity to deepen your understanding of Kaupapa Māori well-being, explore how implicit bias and racism affects your work and gain practical tools to empower yourself and the whānau you work with.
Anton Blank (Ngāti Porou, Ngāti Kahungunu) has developed a training programme in partnership with an Auckland based SSPA member, ATWC.
This programme is designed specifically for social service organisations and is offered as a series of 3 one-hour webinars plus a 4th review session covering:
- The impact of racism and bias in the social services setting, and using tools to identify and mitigate personal and organisational attitudes
- Kaupapa Māori well-being theory and its practical application
- Applying the theory, models and tools in a practical way within our organisations 4. Developing a strategy to embed the model across your organisation.
The positive, non-confrontational approach to racism moves beyond grievance to focus on the capabilities and potential in workers and whānau. It takes a whole of organisation approach and is open to and encourages participation from all staff.