AWAVA, in conjunction with Our Watch, supported by WESNET (Women’s Services Network), invite you to attend an international conference on violence against women.
- Explore the challenges for preventing and responding to violence against women in remote, rural, regional, and metro areas in communities with limited services
- Engage in conversation and knowledge share from the Asia-Pacific, Australia and beyond
- Learn from overseas and local examples of improving capacity in challenging situations
- Explore community-driven approaches to prevent and respond to men’s violence against women and children
- Identify ways to ensure women’s safety and perpetrator accountability
- Examine coordinated and integrated approaches
- strengthen strategies for building local and international movements for change
The conference comprises two elements. The main conference on Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st will focus on workshops and interactive forums (with a welcome reception on early registration on Monday, 19th). There is an optional third day on the 22nd featuring intensive sessions where issues will be visited in more depth. Invited speakers and session leaders will lead discussion across the entire program.
Program outline coming soon.
Submitted on Tue, 2016-01-12 09:01