Pinepine Te Kura - Precious Little Child - Workshop - Tauranga
27 - 28 April 2023
Bethlehem Baptist Church, 90 Bethlehem Road, Tauranga
Tautoko Mai Sexual Harm Support
$100 + gst
This workshop centres the mana and wisdom of our pēpi / tamariki and rangatahi within the context of violence – both seen and unseen.
This 2 day hybrid workshop is facilitated by Cathy Richardson and Donny Riki, and features virtual conversations, interviews and teachings from Allan Wade and Shelly Dean.
Participants will learn about:
- The whakapapa of violence against pēpi/tamariki/rangatahi in the context of Aotearoa.
- Inter-generational healing ceremonies that reclaim and reassert mana and cultural identity.
- Debunking myths around Attachment, Mother-Blaming discourses.
- How tamariki navigate safety around violence - both seen and unseen.
- Centering tamariki mana and resistance to violence.
- Pornification of tamariki.
- The rising epidemic of clinical diagnoses' and medicalisation for tamariki and rangatahi.
- Decolonising approaches to social justice work, safety-oriented and mana-based child protection work. Intersectionality between language-use, family therapy and recovery from violence.
- DrCathy Richardson/Kineweskwȇw is a Métis/Cree therapist and professor at Concordia University in Montreal, Turtle Island/Canada.
- Dr Shelly Dean is a therapist, teacher, supervisor and consultant from Kamloops BC Turtle Island/Canada.
- Dr Allan Wade is a therapist, professor, teacher and supervisor from Vancouver Island, Turtle Island/Canada.
- Donny Riki/Tuakiritetanga is a Ngāpuhi and Ngāti Paoa psychotherapist, currently practicing in Horowhenua.