DVFREE Family Violence Training for Workplace Support People - Online training over 2 days
16 & 17 November 2021
9am-12.30pm both days
Delivered by family violence specialists, this training is critical for preparing your ‘First Responders’ to provide safe and effective support for employees, while maintaining professional boundaries.
This Training will prepare your ‘First Responders’ to:
- recognise signs that someone may be experiencing domestic violence
- respond safely and supportively
- refer to a specialist domestic violence organisation
- offer and provide workplace support, including workplace safety planning
- understand issues around confidentiality and information sharing
- support managers with team members experiencing domestic violence
- explain the appropriate role of EAP in a workplace response to domestic violence
- understand professional boundaries
- understand when and how to seek advice for supporting an employee
- understand, at a high level, an appropriate employer response to staff who perpetrate domestic violence.
See more information for in-person training in main centres.
Any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org