DVFREE Family Violence Training for Workplace Support People - Christchurch
Tuesday 9 November 2021
Westpac on The Terrace, Level 4, 81 Cashel Street, Christchurch
Delivered by family violence specialists, this training is critical for preparing your ‘First Responders’ to provide safe and effective support for employees, while maintaining professional boundaries.
This Training will prepare your ‘First Responders’ to:
- recognise signs that someone may be experiencing domestic violence
- respond safely and supportively
- refer to a specialist domestic violence organisation
- offer and provide workplace support, including workplace safety planning
- understand issues around confidentiality and information sharing
- support managers with team members experiencing domestic violence
- explain the appropriate role of EAP in a workplace response to domestic violence
- understand professional boundaries
- understand when and how to seek advice for supporting an employee
- understand, at a high level, an appropriate employer response to staff who perpetrate domestic violence.
See more information for other dates and locations, including an online option.
Any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org