DVFREE Workplace ‘First Responder’ Training - Auckland
Tuesday 16 March 2021
Shine office, 409 New North Road, Kingsland, Auckland
Regular $360 + GST; Earlybird $330 + GST
Specialist training to provide safe and effective workplace support for staff who experience domestic violence.
What is the First Responder role? ‘First Responders’ are the designated workplace contact people within an organisation for staff experiencing domestic violence. Training is critical to prepare First Responders to respond safely and effectively to staff who experience domestic violence while being clear on their professional boundaries.
First Responder Training will prepare your First Responders to:
- Recognise signs that someone may be experiencing domestic violence • respond safely and supportively
- Refer to a specialist domestic violence organisation
- Offer and provide workplace support, including workplace safety planning
- Understand issues around confidentiality and information sharing
- Support managers with team members experiencing domestic violence
- Explain the appropriate role of EAP in a workplace response to domestic violence
- Understand professional boundaries • understand when and how to seek advice for supporting an employee
- Understand, at a high level, an appropriate employer response to staff who perpetrate domestic violence.
This one day course will also be offered in Auckland on 20 April, 18 May and 15 June 2021, and is offered in Wellington and Christchurch - see website for dates.
For more information, contact: email@example.com