DVFREE First Responder Training - Online
20 - 21 June 2023
9am - 12:30pm, both days
Delivered by family violence specialists, this training is critical for preparing your ‘First Responders’ to provide safe and effective support for employees, while maintaining professional boundaries.
Listing of training and other events does not constitute endorsement by the New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse. Information is as provided by the organiser. For further information or queries about training or events, please contact the organiser using the links or contact details provided.
This Training will prepare your ‘First Responders’ to:
- recognise signs that someone may be experiencing domestic violence
- respond safely and supportively
- refer to a specialist domestic violence organisation
- offer and provide workplace support, including workplace safety planning
- understand issues around confidentiality and information sharing
- support managers with team members experiencing domestic violence
- explain the appropriate role of EAP in a workplace response to domestic violence
- understand professional boundaries
- understand when and how to seek advice for supporting an employee
- understand, at a high level, an appropriate employer response to staff who perpetrate domestic violence
Training is available either in-person or online.
Online training requirements: Each participant must use a separate laptop or desktop with audio and video capability, with a headset if there are others nearby, and be available for a brief individual session before the training.
NOTE: A maximum of four people from any one organisation may register for a training session.
To find other training provided by Shine, visit their Training and Education Services page
For any queries about training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org