When: 19, 20, 21, 26 & 27 April 2017.
Where: Porirua, Wellington.
Training provided by Pasefika Proud.
Free. Limited to 20 places only. Please register or nominate your staff by 12 April 2017. For more information and to register please contact Akesa Filimoehala-Burling (Programme Manager, Pacific Family Violence Training Programme).
Tūranga Maori is a conceptual framework for transforming family violence premised on the cultural practises of the 15 Islands that make up the Cook Islands. The programme was borne out of the Ministry of Social Development suite of Family Violence Conceptual Frameworks known as Nga Vaka o Kaiga Tapu.
This is a FREE programme which has been designed as an informative, interactive and self-reflective training opportunity for those who are working closely with the Cook Islands community.
It applies a specific lens on the values and practices of people from the Cook Islands. It will better equip training participants with an understanding of dynamics of family violence in Cook Islands families.
Limited to 20 participants only. Entry is open to practitioners and community leaders, including community members who may engage with Cook Islands families to prevent family violence.
This training is ideal for:
- Pacific practitioners working in family violence in the social and health services including Pacific practitioners in mainstream providers
- Pacific people who may support/influence (or be in a position to support/influence) Pacific peoples who may come across family violence as part of their community roles e.g. enua, sports, church etc
- A Pacific service provider who is not a specialist family violence practitioner (e.g.: doctors, teachers, ECE provider)
- Mainstream providers who deliver services and programmes to Pacific peoples affected by family violence.
- Nga Vaka Training is also planned for:
- Tokelau - ‘Kaiga Māopopo - May 2017 - Wellington
- Niue - ‘Koe Fakatupuolamoui he tau Magafaoa Niue' - June 2017 - Auckland
- Fiji - ‘Vuvale Doka Sautu' - July 2017 - Auckland
- Tuvalu - ‘Toku Fou Tiale' - August 2017 - Auckland
- Kiribati - ‘Boutukaan te mweeraoi' - September 2017 - Auckland
- Tonga - ‘Fofola e Fale kae Talanoa a Kāinga' - October 2017 - Auckland
- Pan Pacific - October 2017 - Auckland
- Samoa ‘O le Tōfā Mamao’ - date and location to be advised
More information about this workforce development programme and to register your interest
Submitted on Tue, 2017-04-11 11:23