When: 13, 14, 21 & 28 October 2017.
Where: Manukau, Auckland.
Training provided by Pasefika Proud.
Free. Limited to 20 places only. To register and for more information, please contact Akesa Filimoehala-Burling (Programme Manager, Pacific Family Violence Training Programme).
Boutokaan te mweeraoi is a conceptual framework for transforming family violence premised on the cultural practises of the Island of Kiribati. The programme was borne out of the Ministry of Social Development suite of Family Violence Conceptual Frameworks known as Nga Vaka o Kaiga Tapu.
This is a FREE programme which has been designed as an informative, interactive and self-reflective training opportunity for those who are working closely with the Kiribati community.
It applies a specific lens on the values and practices of people from Kiribati. It will better equip training participants with an understanding of dynamics of family violence in Kiribati families.
Facilitators will be Lydia Teatao, Tikutaake Teiwaki and Abanateuea Ioteba.
Limited to 20 participants only. Entry is open to practitioners and community leaders, including community members who may engage with Tuvaluan families to prevent family violence.
This training is ideal for:
- Pacific practitioners working in family violence in the social and health services including Pacific practitioners in mainstream providers
- Pacific people who may support/influence (or be in a position to support/influence) Pacific peoples who may come across family violence as part of their community roles e.g. enua, sports, church etc
- A Pacific service provider who is not a specialist family violence practitioner (e.g.: doctors, teachers, ECE provider)
- Mainstream providers who deliver services and programmes to Pacific peoples affected by family violence.
Nga Vaka Training is also planned for:
- Pan Pacific - TBC - Weeks of 23 October - 3 November 2017
- Samoa ‘O le Tōfā Mamao’ - date and location to be advised
More information about this workforce development programme and to register your interest
Submitted on Wed, 2017-09-27 09:02