Applied Safeguarding and Child Protection - Christchurch
Tuesday 4 April 2023
9:30am - 3:30pm
Papanui RSA, 55 Bellvue Avenue Christchurch 8052
Deepen your knowledge of safeguarding and child protection by working through activities and scenarios that allow you to explore the challenges and realities in practice.
We know we develop confidence when we can apply child protection learning to realistic situations in a safe space to do so. This course will provide you with this experience by working in small groups facilitated by one of our expert trainers. All content has been developed in line with Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and thus discusses impacts of colonisation and upholds Mātauranga Māori as crucial in working with whānau and their tamariki.
What will I learn?
- Reviewing your safeguarding and child protection knowledge.
- Reflection on how your organisation safeguards children
- Build confidence in using Information Sharing legislation and collaborative working.
- Professional risk and child vulnerability – learnings from serious case reviews.
- Using “wise” practise. Acknowledging there is no “best” way of doing things for all groups at all times, you will reconcile learning from successful outcomes with existing trusted cultural practices.
- Reflect on barriers we face when working with risk.
- How “Professional dangerousness” can affect our decision making and how we can manage this.
- Engagement with whānau – exploring tools and ideas to improve success and build safety.
- Skills in having difficult conversations.
- Reporting thresholds and “grey” areas.
Who is this course for?
- Designated person
- Child Protection Leads
- Team Leaders
- Anyone working regularly with children and young people at risk of neglect and abuse.
To find out more about upcoming training from Safeguarding Children, offered in-person in various locations and online, visit their upcoming events page.
For questions, phone 027 772 4469 or email email@example.com