Addressing Family Violence Workshop for Practitioners and Community Advocates/Leaders
Wednesday 20 November 2019
Hawke's Bay Regional Sports Park Conference Rooms (upstairs above café), 42 Percival Rd, Hastings
Liberty Training NZ
$210 (Early bird until 31 October 2019, with discount of $20 per extra person if more than one person attends from the same agency); $230 (From 1 November, register by 15 November 2019)
Advanced training with practical tools to support families and communities to break free. Facilitator: Kara Duncan-Hewitt.
Topics covered include:
- Recognising tactics of family violence
- Emerging Issues
- How to address cultural and religious justification for violence and spiritual abuse
- Understanding how the cycle of violence operates for both victim/survivor and users of violence
- Walking in the victim’s shoes – understanding at a heart level how to support victims and invite users of violence into positive change
- Recognising childhood trauma and how it contributes to the cycle of violence for both users of violence and victims/survivors.
- Recognising and breaking free from excuses for using violence
- Practical tools for people to use to stop violence
Please note: attendees will be invited to participate in experiential exercises as part of the learning.
Attendance Certificates will be given to workshop participants.
Venue is accessibility friendly.