When: 7 - 8 February 2018.
Where: Novotel Melbourne on Collins, 270 Collins Street, Melbourne.
Cost: A$495 (incl. GST) - early bird rate until 12 January 2018. Full rate - A$550 (incl. GST). Register now
For the past five years, practitioners from all over the world have travelled to the Safe and Together™ Model Symposium in the United States. For the first time ever, the Safe & Together Institute, along with Berry Street Childhood Institute, is hosting a symposium outside the U.S. and is presenting the 1st Asia Pacific Safe & Together™ Model Conference in Melbourne.
This two-day event will bring together practitioners, policy makers, academics and leaders from across child protection, child youth and family services, family violence, men's services, justice and mental health. This conference will provide a comprehensive introduction to the Model for those who are new to Safe & Together™, as well as extend the knowledge of those who have already attended Safe and Together™ Model training.
- Join the creator of the Model, David Mandel, as he outlines how the Model accomplishes a “pivot to the perpetrator.”
- Learn about how the Model reduces victim blaming and helps moves child welfare systems away from a “failure to protect” approach while maintaining a focus on child safety.
- Listen to presentations about the application of the Safe and Together™ Model in the Australian context, including a panel from the Indigenous perspective and a workshop on targeted programming for perpetrators as parents.
- Join in discussion about Australian national research on Safe & Together™.
- David Mandel, MA, LPC
- Dr Heather Nancarrow
- Heidi Rankin, National Training Coordinator for David Mandel & Associates
Australia. National domestic violence-informed case reading.
Submitted on Wed, 2017-12-13 12:14